I've been meaning to buy a poem book about love. Love cheesy as it may sounds is one thought that all of us are thinking. It only presented itself in different way but the one thread that keep us in sync is love. Can we avoid thinking about love? I don't think so. The day it happens may the day ice flows in our veins. I am afraid of mentioning the word love for I fear it would be stereotyping. What I meant to say open the scope the definition for the word love. Be it the attraction of two people, the affection between mother and child, the passion for knowledge, the devotion of a subject to his god. All kinds of love.
Back to the point while I was reading Yasmin Ahmad's blog I found this poem. The poem is written 500 years ago by a sufist name Hafiz.
"Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,
'You owe
Me.'
Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky. "
The poem actually written not with people in mind but God. The compassion and selflessness is amazing.
The second poem is written by an anonymous kisaeng in the 16th and 17th century.Kisaeng is a form of geisha in Korea.The title is "So What Is This Love?"
So, what is this love?
Is it round or flat;
is it long or short enough to be
paced off or laid beside a ruler?
Some say it lasts as long as it lessens;
mine breaks to a sharp edge within me.
When I reading this poem, the first thing that comes to my mind is love is double edge sword. It can hurt you but it also heals you.
2006年12月26日星期二
what a beautiful love poem
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论