2006年12月25日星期一

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well today is Christmas and instead of snow in Nashville we got rain but there's a chance of snow showers tomorrow....

Well I just got back from 4 days of road trip covering from Nashville-Chattanooga-Atlanta and Gatlinburg. It was pretty fun and almost didn't happen because there was a problem with the car rental but all was good and we start off our journey on Thursday morning by going to Chattanooga to go to ruby falls where there is 145 ft of water falls, Rock city where you can see 7 states from
a point and we went on cable train which claimed itself the steepest cable car in the whole world and boy it was steep.

Then we went down 260 feet into earth to see all the wonderful formation of stalactite and stalagmite and yeah the magnificent fall. But my favorite have to be the rock city. I hate all the goblins and fairy tale statue but I love love the scenery. It gives you this feeling you're on the edge,well you are but it's like you're standing on top of the world and can fall down anytime.I like walking in the maze.It's pretty fun jumping from one stone to another and there's lover's leap where it has been said that a man fall in love with a women from a different tribe. Their tribe was engaged in wars and so the man was executed by throwing him down the gorge. When his lover find out, of course she run and jump into the gorge herself and so it is called lover's leap.

To be honest,Atlanta is not a beautiful or engaging city but it has it charms. We went to CNN. I know my dad is going to love it because he loves news but hates CNN since it's view tends to be one sided. But it was exciting to see how the news is made. The building itself is magnificent with the highest freestanding escalator. It goes straight up from first floor to 8th floor. Yep it was scary but fun and I wonder if the escalator is stable or not.After that we went to coca cola world where you can see how coca cola is made and taste coke from 41 countries around the globe.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
We met a guy that looks from Malaysia or somewhere from south east asia and plus he's super cute.Lemme post his picture. It's not that clear since I zoom from where I sit but hey! something is better than nothing right?


Then we went to aquarium since footos and lan love fish. After that we went to Botanical Garden. Nothing wrong with going to Botanical Garden except that in winter plants is dead and yeah we forgot that small unimportant fact that we lives in the northern hemisphere not in the equinox.So that was basically the stupidest mistake I ever make in planning a trip. We should have gone to High Museum of Art where we can see painting currently lent by Louvre Museum. But what can I said,after what been said and done I'm glad we went there.

没有评论: