I am perplexed by western view of marriage.Marriage as defined is union between a man and woman and is legally sanction by the government.The gay couple fight for their rights of getting married.If you get married in Asia it is a big deal because people don't co-hab or live together no matter how old are you.So marriage is a big deal. But in the western country you co-hab and behave like husband and wife without even getting married.So is a piece of paper is really going to make that big difference except of course when both of you go separate ways.Of course the dissolution of marriage is called divorce and dissolution of a relationship is breaking up. Nowadays a couple denied their rights of getting married because gay couple are denied the rights.If you have the rights to something you better enjoy it before it taken away.
In Malaysia there is meritocracy.Meritocracy is a system of government or other organization based on demonstrated ability (merit) and talent rather than by wealth, family connections (nepotism), class privilege, cronyism or other historical determinants of social position and political power. But am I as a Malay people are going to deny my rights to go to boarding school,received scholarship just because I don't agree that the Chinese don't have these rights too? Personally I like Chinese,Indian and Malay have the same competitiveness chances. However I realized that many Malay are not ready yet.Till then I hope I can do something about it to make them realized world is flat and the government can't protect the Malay no longer.
The couple that refuse to get marry is because the feel why should they get marry when there are couple who are refuse the same privilege.Whenever people assumed that they are couple they tell them "Oh no we are not husband and wife" Really if you live together and act like you are is the people perception is that important? I think it is silly for them to tell people otherwise since it doesn't really matter.The ideals that they have is not logic to me.To me they are they are the extreme case utilitarian.They deny their right to be happy for other people to be happy. As for me when a human is denying the right for them to be happy,it will get to how far are they going to take it? And is the right to denying ourselves happiness belong to us? As I listened from a series. The balance of our life is at 0.It swayed to the left and right sometimes.We go through misery to be happy.We are in the darkest hour before there is light. The scale cannot be unbalance for then our live will be unfulfilled.We all need to pay our dues.
You can read the article about people who say No to I do at here
2006年12月3日星期日
marriage
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论