The presidential election is nearing(February 7) and I am glad that I can watch at least two presidential election while I was here. I was cheering for Kerry on the last time and was immensely disappointed that Bush still won. I guess at that time American still felt patriotism and doesn't realize that the world no longer watch them in awe and as a result war with Iraq and possibly, if Bush stay longer in the oval office more war.
Now there's wind of change sweeping across American and it doesn't revolve around Republic or Democratic. There isn't two white men bickering anymore. Both of the most powerful candidate and it can be the most exciting thing ever if one of them won will show America has overcome race and gender issue.One is a black man who has grow up next to our country,Indonesia and have relatives that are Muslim and that man is Obama. He's young and only has a few years experiences in governing. The second candidate is Hillary Clinton.Well it might not be that much a surprise woman getting elected to be a president.But we're talking about American where well, the old boys club still exist.
To me I have preference with Clinton,maybe it's because she's a woman but when I grow up whenever I read overseas section in newspaper, it was the Clinton that I saw. I am fascinated by her. Here's a person in the list of 50's most powerful lawyer in the nation. Educated in Yale Law and walk with Martin Luther King to fight for black rights.
As for Obama, sure I do genuinely like him but I think the media endorsed him so much more and treat him like golden boy while Hillary is treated like dirt. Everyone tends to bash her.
The republican is such a disappointment and they only have this image of the bully of the world and frankly, I don't think Americans nowadays interested in that image anymore.
American no longer the sole hegemony power of the world. The European Union (EU) and China hold that power now. Every single countries in the world are courting to be on their good side. The US isolated in their island refusing globalization and thus alone in the revenge.
Oh yes, I can't wait for the results of election to come out.
2008年1月28日星期一
Vote for?
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
1 条评论:
Is there where I spit out some comments?
发表评论