2008年1月15日星期二

California Trip

Yes as promised, finally my summary of my California trip.Get 6 random girls thrown out together(of course by choice) on a road,rail,boat,plane trip and what you get? 10 awesome days!

We walk everywhere in San Francisco and took tram everywhere. San Francisco has one of the most beautiful view I have ever seen. There were also quite a lot of hobos(slang:homeless, yes I did learned new vocabulary)in SF but less comparing to downtown Los Angeles.

The transportation is awesome. The schedule is easy to read and there's even board to sign when the next tram will be arriving.Every day there's always something really interesting that highlight our day. The first day our surprised was this "shark" that after that become our little private jokes.

We played a game at there that whoever make lame jokes or say bad things would be rewarded with bad points. The rule can be change anytime by Zaty,Nabilah and me*Yes, we were the little dictators in the group* while Fiqa was our victim of opression. The "reward" of getting enough bad points is getting thrown to the "shark".The picture next shown Shaf was the one rewarded being bad point.

Okay moving on, Dayana was interviewed by NBC when we shopped at Chinatown. It's so bizarre. But heck, it's one in a lifetime thing and the cameraman did take shots of us shopping in the place. Good thing we went into the cheap palace to buy souvenirs.Chinatown was full with sight,smells and I don't know what else.Everything feels like walking around Chinese shops at Malaysia. We even got to eat our favorite Penang dishes at there! *Yes we girls consume humongous amount of food.I think we got fat from the trip*

The next day we took a tour at Alcatraz.The view of SF from Alcatraz is beautiful.We went to eat the most delicious ice cream at Ghiradelli's square.



From the top,us at Alcatraz,next at Ghiradelli,below the view of SF from Alcatraz, and lastly from the highest point of SF where you can see clearly of Alcatraz.

After all the fun and eating fresh succulent fresh seafood we moved on to:
Yes the famous lala land! Hollywood I thought should be more glamorous.Maybe it is just not my cup of tea. I went to the famous Rodeo Drive, did my fair share of oooh and aaah in front of Versace,Jimmy Choo, Bvlgari,and Dior. Heck the street light is Baccarat chandelier. It screams money and extravagance. Of course there is absolutely nothing that we can afford on that street. You can go into the shops only by appointments or if you act really rich which we all don't think we can possibly pull it off.

But we also did the usual thingy of taking the Movie Star Homes and Hollywood Tour.The only thing I don't like about winter is that it gets dark really quick. Thus,half of the tour we got a hard time seeing all those fabulous millions spread home. Oh well at least I get a glimpse.Of course we passed by the Playboy mansion. Hahaha my trip wouldn't be completed if I don't go there. Unfortunately,no nude or topless Kendra running. Dang!

I think that however, in all Los Angeles Santa Monica is the most beautiful place. It has the most breath taking sunset I ever saw. All those fancy word that describes sunset really come true. The iridescent color of the sand makes me stared at the scenery speechless.


The next day we went to Universal Studio.It was so small comparing to Florida's. Oh well but we get to see Desperate Housewives set! I took a picture with my niece and nephews favorite character Dora. I think that they would be green with envy. Muahahah*evil laugh*. We even met 2 Malaysian family having their vacation.

And off we go to our next destination, Laguna Beach-San Diego.San Diego is very laid back and full with Mexicans. It is after all very near to border. We even trick the guys to make them think we were stuck in the border and can't get back in the States. We went to Las Vegas the next day, I don't like LV....very very personal reason that I won't divulge.


Final destination was Grand Canyon.It was less cold than what we expected but it is still freaking cold! When the wind blew we all went screaming "aaaaaaaaa!!!!". Yes so dear people please do go during summer and not winter unlike us. We can't hold our pose for that long because of the coldness.Luckily I got my hot coffee that become lukewarm in an instant.I even got sore throat infected from Nabilah!*I am not blaming you nabilah,just saying that:p*

Grand Canyon was majestic and that's all I can say.

So that concludes my winter vacation. It was fun and I wish I can go with the girls somewhere again.

3 条评论:

Hidayah Obestcity Memeyh 说...

jeles siut tgk gamba2 ko gi california 2!!!!!!!
aaaahhhh...!!!!!

n ko pun ade jumpe msian families tgh holiday sane??
msians mmg bersepah2 betul dimerata2 tmpt. huhu...

匿名 说...

omg..i hv been longing to go to the states for a long time!! kalo bukan sbb 9/11..cit da lama da..haih bestnyeeeeeee!!!!!!!
jealous2!!!!!!

milleu87 说...

haha tue lah, byk betul org msia nie nyer duit

tue lah susah giler nak dtg us. mcm2 kena buat....


tp try lah dtg us,especially california. best giler2