2008年1月6日星期日

Sweeney Todd


Well last night in conjunction with Aminah's birthday we girls plan ahead of it to watch Sweeney Todd. Honestly, I am not that big fan of musical but I am a big fan of Johnny Depp's movie with the exception the trilogy of Pirates of the Carribean.

Well you know what I am so glad I watched that movie. It almost like a reminiscence of Kill Bill with all the blood gushing out. But omigod how I love all the songs especially the rendition of Johanna. To me it was the best.



The movie was fantastic with details on the costume, the cinematography and of course the actors are wonderful too! Depp and Carter portray the characters with such intensity it swirls you into their world. Depp when he looks into camera has raw sexuality, coldness and sometimes you can see his suffering before he retires back into the gloominess. Carter also did her best job with her puppy eyes and when there's happy emotions, there's color and it contrast with the whole mood of the film.

One of my other favorite song is "Not While I'm Around". It's a song between Tobias and Mrs. Lovett. Ahhh I like this movie so much.

Okay enough about this. The other movie I am recommending is Edward Scissorhands. It has the same sentiments and I think it is also my favorite because I even bought the dvd.

On a side note,while walking out of the cinema I passed this poster.

Yippee! Another Elizabethan movie! I like Elizabeth I so much that I got the dvd for the first Elizabeth that Cate Blanchett act and now I am thinking of getting the second part as well. FYI Boleyn is the mother of Elizabeth.When I was in Phoenix two days ago I just saw the novel and I was tempted to buy it but settle for something easier because I am boarding a flight. Now that it is going to become a movie the book will be cheaper and hence I will get it at a lesser price.


Uuuu I can't wait for it to be out. School is open next week on Wednesday....My final semester of college...................... Should I be sad or happy? It's a mixed feelings I suppose.

2 条评论:

匿名 说...

I'm a HUGE fan of musicals.....I wish my life IS a musical. Kid you not.

I bet I would be loving this movie. It hasn't hit the Malaysian shores yet.

匿名 说...

i have that book! just bought it because i found out that natalie portman and scarlett johannsen are in the movie...tapi! the story is full of betrayal hatred and pengeksploitasian wanita! haha..so i just read it half way and got fed up with it..by the way you should try he time traveller's wife, i think it would be your cup of tea!