2007年9月1日星期六

Merdeka

I'm trying to find the ad where there is 3 kids,Malay,Chinese and Indian that were friends from primary school. It shows that during the British we have to salute,during the Japanese occupation we have to bow and again during the British we salute again. Now finally they don't have to do all that because we're free. I failed to find it.It wasn't uploaded in the youtube.

I was reading Nabilah's blog and she was talking about Merdeka.Well it's true...what's the value of merdeka nowadays? Maybe I appreciate it more because I am living far away from my country.What is the true value of it except exceptional extravagant fireworks,some parades and some sappy but forlorn advertisement shown by Petronas and Perodua?

What is the value of merdeka to us after merely 50 years of independence when we have been colonized for 446 years? Thinking about it...50 years is only one tenth of 400 years and we already in this broken state. We are no longer integrated as one. I am terrified that it happens in my generation. What's to come next?

At first I refused to write about merdeka when I think that oh well nobody care about it anymore and I realized that I care. I care that my country is in this despair state. Where everybody is living each to his own. We have been too selfish. It will bring to our ruins and that's a shame after countless of people died fighting for our independence and all the people that took to bring peace to country after it.

What have we learn in history text book is by now long forgotten by people. Yes a lot of people hate history...but without history there is no us.No identity and there's nothing more to look forward.We can't look forward to the future if we don't appreciate our past.

With that Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan Ke-50.

p/s; It's a bit late...but the I think the feeling need to be right

没有评论: