I'm a voracious reader. I read anything I could get my hand on and I especially love heart wrenching fiction.The one about love,friendship,memories basically slice of life type.So one day I come across my sister's resume.
Because my sister used to be an editor for a publishing company,in her resume she had to write about something.It's a beautiful tale about her childhood friendship.
I can't write exactly like my sister.She is far more talented than I am in writing.I am writing based on what I remember.
"When I was a kid we used to live in fireman quarters and basically there were other children too.In the neighborhood my brother and I are famous for being mischievous.So one day come a girl, and I become fascinated with her.You see unlike me who is tomboyish and have this naughty glint in my eye, she wear skirt overall that is famous in those days and she always have ribbons tying neatly and at first I despise her because she represented the typical weak girl.However as time passed by something happen between us.We become closer.If you asked me how,even until today I can't give you the answer to that.I supposed that the factor of me being annoyed with her that drew me closer to her.It was because she is different than me. We become closed that we have our own meeting place.It was by the well in the back.We thought at that time we are always going to be together forever.Even though forever is such a long time we still think that growing up is far away and being separate from each other is even farther. But then the talk of moving to a new house come up and finally it is decided that my family are moving. I couldn't accept it at first and thought it was a lie. But on the last day, she and I was at our usual place,She was bending and scraping dirt with a stick when she look up to me and said " Efa don't be sad,even though we're not close anymore we'll always be together" My heart was choking and the sun seems the shone 10 times brightly than it ever has and the light fell upon her pretty face that make it seems almost angelical.Finally my dad called me to the car and right before I my dad drove off I wind down the window and put my head out and said "I know" "
You see I never had this kind of friendship and I am envious of my sister for having such sweet memories.I wish you could read what she wrote.It was better than what I wrote.All I wanted what this kind of friendship,I never wish for something more and I guess the thing that you want most you can't get.
I remember my bestfriend Aida telling me " Jurai it's not like I don't like making new friends,it just the parting part that I hate" I made a promise to her that she would never be the one who call but it would be me and even though I don't write her letter or call her as much as I want to but I wanted her to know that she is my bestfriend and the most important person in my life as a friend.
We have our own hard time together and every friendship need to go through it,but when it comes I expect my bestfriend to understand that what I did is not to hurt them but to test them by how much they understood me and I am pretty cruel when it comes to testing but when you letting yourselves to trust I think it is forgivable to act that way. Aida comes through it and there was Jana too and things come full circle.What matter the most is when somebody didn't make it,I appreciate the time they spend in my life.I honestly do.
For this week I pick Bruce Springsteen "Secret Garden" I have always love the song especially the lyrics
p/s: It is Nabilah's birthday today. Happy Birthday Nabilah!
2007年2月17日星期六
In one day, how could something be everything and nothing at the end?
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论