2007年2月13日星期二

Gong xi fa cai



Ah the chinese new year is ushering. It will be on February 18. The year will be pig.Do you know what year are you born? Well I was born in the hour of the ox,the month of the pig and the year of fire rabbit.Hehehe how I know this? When I was kid I often went to Buddha Temple and get the reading..and to get the reading accurately you have to know what time you were born and such thing like that.Heck even my schooltrip includes trip to temple. From Snake Temple,Kek Lok Si Temple to some random temple in ipoh that has the biggest Buddha figure. But I like the best is Kek Lok Si.It's gorgeous and I remember when I went there it just stopped raining and the view is gorgeous with stairs spiraling and balcony that overlook mountains.[The picture next is Kek Lok Si in Penang]

I like chinese new year because I can get red packets from my relative,friend's house and from my neighbor too.I like the sweet and sticky candies that they serves. and I especially like the delicacy that my grandmother used to make.It is actually for Kitchen God for him to bless the house for the next year but I love stealing bits of it. Hehehe. But the tiring part of chinese new year is that you have to clean up the whole house but at dinner you can eat all the best things Dinner are very traditional dishes,they don't serve shark fin or anything like that.For that you have to go to the formal dinner later on which is on the 7th day where all relatives far and close get together and it is actually where each human age by one year officially and there will birthday celebration where you tossed salad..

And plus my neighbour always going to invite the traditional chinese dancer and there will tarian naga which is super fun because there's going to be firecrackers and the wacky character that wear big mask..

And on the 15th day is Chap Goh Mei where if you are still single you are going to throw mandarin orange into the ocean while praying that you are going to meet your husband soon.My convent school gives holiday on this day because it always coincided with Easter.Oh and on the 9th day there will be offerings to the Jade emperor.

Haha you must be thinking like how the hell I know this?I just basically grow up with Chinese all around me when I was a kid and there is chinese in my family.and with that I'm wishing everyone a very happy chinese new year,may all luck and prosperity be upon you.

p/s: How about trying to find the reading for you this year?

4 条评论:

wikipedaia 说...

nak limau mandarinnnnnnn

匿名 说...

haha betul2..dok terpikir cane la budak nih leh tau pasal chinese new year nih..each date pulak tuh..tak penah citer lak b4 this :P

heh daia..next yr sambut CNy sini byk limau heee :D

milleu87 说...

hehehe, nak orange gak...

ey weda maner sumer benda bleh citer...mesti ader mysterious part :p

wedaaaaaaaaaaaa nak coklat valentine!!

匿名 说...

eh mane leh..no secret between us what...hehehheee...

ala weda pon tak dpt coklat :( nanti korg balik kite xchange coklat..haha tak malu