2008年3月8日星期六

It's an exciting time

I feel giddy all over. I can't believe I am able to go through this change. I thought forever BN will win but the citizens of Malaysia has done the impossible. Some may think it is sudden, but the wheel has been set in motion 8 years ago.

Yes there maybe changes that might seem so incredibly scary but to be able to move forward we need to be able to stand this. I believe Malays are resilience and able to make a breakthrough. We've been in stagnant period for sooo long that I wonder if people around me restless.

I am writing honestly, that sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Malay* precarious statement isn't it?* but that is only because when I see my amazingly brilliant Chinese friends that don't get a scholarship just because they are Chinese. To me that is just plain wrong. Yes direct competition is scary but if competing in shallow pool forever then what's the meaning?

I've been thrown to a place that only 10% is Malay and I see that the 10% Malays do go somewhere.Might be a different route than we're in but they're going. So you see, there's nothing to be afraid of.

I don't know but I just feel that the skepticism in me for once disappear and say there's hope.

By the end of tonight, the results may changed and the opposition may not win but it shows something that Malaysian people want this and are brave enough to vote for it.

Just like an editor during French Revolution once said" You can burn the book but you can never burn the idea".

P/s: I am writing on my last day in Europe soil.

没有评论: