Okay I am bored with my skins and can't find skins that I like so I decide to wipe out everything and start with clean plain slate. Hahaha. I also like the new old song by Sinatra titled "Moon River". So that's that.Final is next week and I should get start on studying. 2 weeks more to California and the pacific sea...Everything is check. I got my flights and hotels all booked.
I was reading an article titled "Self-Critical? Unhappy?Maybe You’re Just a Perfectionist" and it rings truth. By now I am sure most people know I am against perfectionist.
Trying to be perfect is fine if you apply it to your work.For example a surgeon. I mean if his technique is not fine, well then we can only say goodbye to our lives. But it is problematic when the need to be perfect is applied to daily life,domestic life and hobbies.
The culture that we're living also idolized perfection. The perfect hair flip, perfect score and perfect whatever. All doesn't leave a single space for a mistake. They say you can learn from your mistake but since we're all trying so hard not to mistakes on our own no wonder we are not learning anything nowadays.
"Believe in yourself. Don’t take no for an answer. Never quit. Don’t accept second best."
Now think about above quotes for a moment. They're all the maxims that have been ingrained in our brain since we were small children. Now what's wrong with these ideas?
It teaches people not to accept anything less that success. We become obsessed with the idea of perfection we pushed it to other people. That strains the relationship around us. But again since we are told " Believe in ourself and don't accept second best" we always think we are right and there we go living in our own wonderland.
There's nothing wrong with having a messy desk or taking a break once awhile. Oh well if you can't tolerate your worst once in awhile, how true can you be to yourself?
2007年12月4日星期二
Clean new slate
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论