
I know I haven't been exactly faithful in keeping with my blog but life has been oscillating between interesting,okay and terrible.
Working has caused me to appreciate what little time I have with my friends and my family. I enjoy spending time with my friends and funny thing we actually enjoy nature far more than going to movies. To date, we have went picnic and mandi air terjun for 2-3 times.
I think I am like a nomad on the weekends and sometimes even on weekdays because I either sleep at Min,Dayah,Hikmah and Zaty place or my family home. It's refreshing to be with people who know you for who you are. There's no wall of pretension and I value that. After role playing day in and day out, an away time from those is really precious.
After a year of graduation, I think that happiness is the most elusive thing of all. How do you measure happiness? You get caught in the rat race. You go to office every single day and clock out at 6 if you can. You're numb and tired. In my current job, I write about how company measure their KPI's (Key Performance Index) and it make me think how do I measure my own?
And reading how Bhutan changed a country measure their performance from GDP to Gross National Happiness is inspiring.It may not seem practical, but the idea is great.
They said the pillars of a happy society involve the economy, culture, the environment and good governance. It breaks these into nine domains: psychological well-being, ecology, health, education, culture, living standards, time use, community vitality and good governance, each with its own weighted and unweighted G.N.H. index.
I think that if the government care about me, they too would do something like this. Because nowadays everyone is living in their own superficiality. I consume the things that I don't want because I feel a need to purchase to replace this emptiness in me. I buy things that I know that I don't need because it means at least I get something from working. That shouldn't be the way.
I am young still and so I'm still looking at the possible ways to overcome this. I think everyone at some point feel this way.
2009年5月7日星期四
Gross National Happiness
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
1 条评论:
inspiring and really hafta think of ways to think i'm doing fine/well/better/good what ever.. sometimes, i do get caught up with my own faults and failures..
good that i have friends though =)
发表评论